The Uninvited (ATo2S remake) (USA 2009)

Discussion in 'Movies From The Rest Of The World' started by RubyGloom, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Gambit1138 Guest

Anyone read this test screening review? *shudder*

http://horror-movie-a-day.blogspot.com/2008/02/tale-of-two-sisters.html

"In addition to being about 20 minutes shorter and being in English, the director and screenwriters felt that it was necessary to spell everything out for the audience, sometimes flashing back to things that happened only a few minutes before. The cast and PG-13 rating leave no confusion as to who this film is meant for, but even a 14 year old girl might feel a bit insulted at the ridiculous amount of hand-holding on display here."
  2. Mandi Apple The Acid Queen

Oh God, that was exactly what I was afraid of - that tendency to explain everything v-e-r-y c-l-e-a-r-l-y and v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y as if the audience are a bunch of mentally deficient 7-year-olds that the remakes seem to do every time :(
  3. This worries me, too, but I'm just thankful it's a test screening review which means there's still time to switch things up in editing and save this movie.

I remain pointlessly optimistic. =|
  4. What a pity. That's another great thing about the original. It doesn't spell anything out for you, but it gives you small little clues on what's going on. I really do hope they cut out most of the
    flashbacks of things that only happened a few minutes ago.
    It reminds me of the Goosebumps TV show. :raspberr: All of the information on this remake, as horrible as some of it sounds, really makes me want to see it. As a huge fan of the original, I can't help my curiosity. Curiouser and curiouser says Alice. (SP?) I'm also curious about that
    different ending..
    As much as I hate the fact that they decided to remake such a beautiful film, I can't help but wonder about all that :shake: Everything was so perfect in the original IMO. The actors played their parts so wonderfully that I actually believed their characters were real people. The music was completely suitable, beautiful, and unique, the scare scenes were short but effective, the house was creepy, and the mood was so eerie through most of the film. Remember the great scene at the dinner table? Great acting, awesome use of color for the kitchen and very creepy shot of
    the little girl under the sink. Not to mention the sister having the seizure.
    Rrrr It was such a good film!! Why remake it? :cry:
  5. Yani The Observer

Paramount Pictures has pushed the release of the movie to January 30th, 2009. January, the month of the crappy movies (in general).
  6. RubyGloom in lesbians with you

There's that final nail in the coffin.
  7. Inferno1980 Tomie won't die...

Couldn't have said it better.
  8. I just want to see it. Now. =\
  9. Mandi Apple The Acid Queen

Ah come on now, I don't think we can all say it's dead in the water without even having seen it :neutral: I'm as much of a mind as all of you that it's going to suck donkey dong, but let's not shoot it in the head and put it out of its misery even before it's gotten out of the starting gate eh :lol:
  10. RubyGloom in lesbians with you

Ever the optimist Mandi ;)
  11. Mandi Apple The Acid Queen

:lol: Wellllll... I just remember how down in the mouth I was about the mere notion of a Ring remake, and in the end The Ring turned out quite good, really :D But yeah, I will be reserving judgement until I've seen it, and then I can publically disembowel it if needs be :twisted:
  12. haha. I second that.
  13. Tortuga Guest

"Rated PG-13 for violent and disturbing images, thematic material, sexual content, language and teen drinking."

Sexual content, teen drinking? :shake:
  14. Mandi Apple The Acid Queen

Oh Jesus :cry: It sounds like we have another Pulse on the way after all :(
  15. RubyGloom in lesbians with you

16. Nooooooooooooo...kill them all!
  17. Mandi Apple The Acid Queen

Why the hell are these people doing this?! Seriously, will it help sell more seats at the cinema if there is sexual content and "teen drinking"? Did the original need it? Are they deliberately going out of their way to piss off people who are already suspicious of bad Asian remakes? :shake:
  18. Wow.
    So Su-yeon got drunk (teen drinking) one night and pulled the wardrobe over herself by accident, while her sister was having sex with her ("hot celeb") boyfriend. And now Su-yeon haunts the house doing weird The Grudge stuff and her sister runs around saying "OH EM GEE, like, what's happenin?"
    :lol: Seriously though, that sounds quite horrible.
  19. Mandi Apple The Acid Queen

What colour would you like your internet in? :notworth: :lol:
  20. So very questionable. =\

Yet somehow I still remain hopeful.